The Australian Market is driven by high labour costs but businesses seek cost reduction and bigger bang for their buck which is why there has been an increase in appeal for retailers to seek out offshore opportunities for their fixtures and fittings. While it enables retailers to save on their shop building budget it can either deliver savings to the bottom line or allow more stores to be opened for their brand. However, value engineering is not always about going off shore and in some instances this can be achieved in Australia.
Value engineering for Interior Fitouts is first and foremost truly understanding our customers business, its operation and requirements to then fully deliver a value engineered product that will perfectly fit into your existing store strategy. We have successfully executed value engineering for many of our customers some using the offshore model and some using our expertise to make adjustments right here in Australia. In both instances we have secured significant value to businesses across Australia.
As shop fitters anyone can value engineer but as Shop Fit Experts our unique point of difference guarantees quality every step of the way.
Let’s review the top five considerations for Value Engineering offshore
1) A final rolled out design must already be in place that meets all necessary approvals to enable the process of value engineering to start
2) A full understanding of the timings. Off shore processes do increase time to market, but if planned in advance time is not an issue.
3) Validate that all off shore factories fully comply with the Australian standards of operation and labour conditions
4) Initiate the process by starting to build prototypes and review like for like quality and operation. Fully try and test all prototypes.
5) Confirm that a dedicated team regularly visit the off shore facilities to monitor the process and quality control.